- 17 July 2019: Community Group Newsletter Summer 2019
Annual General Meeting At a very well attended Annual General Meeting in March 2019, local residents and members had the opportunity to discuss various matters, which directly affect Bolsterstone, in the presence of a member from Stocksbridge Town Council (STC) and Sheffield City Council (SCC). The forum for the exchange of [Read More...]
- 13 January 2019: Community Group Newsletter Winter 2018
Introduction It is encouraging that a small village the size of Bolsterstone seems to be “the small village with a big heart”, so we make no apology for starting this winter’s newsletter in the same way as previously - that is, with a big THANK YOU to volunteers. We are pleased to [Read More...]
- 7 July 2018: Community Group Newsletter Summer 2018
Introduction After what has seemed to be one of the longest, most severe winters in recent times, it is pleasing to be able to communicate with members as the sun shines and temperatures are rising. Bolsterstone Community Group (BCG) membership list continues to remain constant, with new members joining regularly as [Read More...]
- 6 January 2018: Community Group Newsletter Winter 2017/18
INTRODUCTION Our latest newsletter, outlining our recent activities, must begin with a big “THANK YOU” to all the volunteers. None of our village activities would be possible if it was not for the help and encouragement of so many volunteers. Our committee, with its 12 members, is now at full capacity [Read More...]
- 12 November 2017: Christmas Fayre 2017
All wrapped up for Christmas in Bolsterstone Village Bolsterstone Community Group Traditional Christmas Craft Fayre Saturday 18th Nov 2017 from 10am to 3pm
- 5 June 2017: Community Group Newsletter Summer 2017
Here is the latest update of recent activities from Bolsterstone Community Group (BCG)
- 12 April 2017: Getting ready for Tour de Yorkshire 2017
Here are some impressions from Bolsterstone's preparations for the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire which this year goes through our village:
- 23 December 2016: Community Group Newsletter Winter 2016
“’Tis the season to be jolly…” and we are pleased to be able to bring you up to date with some of the activities since our last (Summer 2015) newsletter. To say that the Bolsterstone Community Group (BCG) has been busy would be an understatement. The Christmas Fayre and the [Read More...]
- 11 November 2016: Christmas Fayre 2016
Christmas Time in Bolsterstone Village Bolsterstone Community Group Christmas Fayre - Saturday 19th Nov 2016
- 8 July 2016: World War 1 Final Exhibition
The final exhibition and talks from the WW1 BCG lottery funded project will be held in the Bolsterstone Village hall on Saturday 6 August from 1pm until 4pm.
- 1 July 2016: Community Group Newsletter Summer 2016
We are pleased to be able to update members on some of Bolsterstone Community Group’s (BCG) recent activities and future events.
- 1 May 2016: North-West Sheffield Moorland Fringe Landscape Partnership
A Landscape Partnership (LP) focuses on local character and distinctiveness - what makes an area look and feel the way it does - and provides the opportunity for people and organisations to work together to better understand and look after that landscape.
- 2 April 2016: World War 1 Exhibition and Talks
If you want to find out what it was like to live and serve some 100 years ago during the First World War, then go along to the 'Valley at War' event, taking place on Saturday 16th April in Bolsterstone Village Hall from 10.00 to 4.00.
- 10 March 2016: Bolsterstone Community Group Annual General Meeting 2016
Bolsterstone Community Group Annual General Meeting Tuesday 22 March 2016
- 27 November 2015: Community Group Newsletter Winter 2015
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…” as the song goes, and once again we are pleased to be able to update members about BCG’s activities in the run up to Christmas.